Monday 14 October 2013

My attempts at being healthy are (severely) lacking...

OK so I haven't been for a run in a week and a half because life has been crazy- AKA I love my sleep when I'm having to work 7 days a week. WHAT'S MORE my lovely mother and awesome baker has not been helping my case. Check out these treats she's been cooking over the last week:

Starting from the left: Home-made apple biscuits, Baclava and Bread Pudding

Yes, that's right, ALL THIS in just 7 days. And that Baclava you see there, yeah, that's the second batch. God help my sugar levels for I think I need a dose of willpower. 
I can safely say I never knew my mum was such an avid baker but it's certainly not helping my efforts at being healthy.

SO I've decided that this is the plan:
- Enjoy my birthday week.
- Get back on running next Monday.

Fair enough, right?
I probably will have to start from the beginning when it comes to my running/walking times. Even though it's been a little over a week my inactivity will probably make an (unfortunate) impact on my fitness level.

In interning news, I'm really enjoying my time at BA Highlife and it's spurring me on to save and get my ass a NCTJ diploma.
Today I finished writing copy for a piece going in the December issue and I got to sit in on a production meeting. I also did some admin work sorting through a load of competition entries of drawings sent in by children- they were so adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment