Sunday 22 July 2012

un pizza aux champignons

Hello!
Just a quick post from France!
Today I arrived in Lyon ready to start a 3 week project on making a travel brochure about the city. It's a project with 12 other members so I'm really looking forward to getting to know them all as well as the city! I will try to blog about stuff I've learned or have picked up during my time here and I will also try and get as many snaps of the place as possible!

But overall, today has mostly been about getting here and meeting everyone. The weather is lovely here, a definite pleasant change from the miserable London weather (although I hear the sunshine is back?!). From what I've seen so far, the city is also quite lovely. As there was no food in the apartments a couple of us went for a walk to see what was available. Because it's a Sunday there wasn't much open apart from a few fast food places and small grocery shops. I managed to catch the boulangerie just in time before it shut and bought a bag of six croissants for 2 euros! How awesome is that! I also bought a pizza on the way back and gobbled it down, 'cause, y'know, it just had to be done!


Just off the top of my head I'm aware that Lyon is located in the east of France and is one of the largest cities, alongside Paris and Marsielle, and is very well renowned for its gastronomy and culinary heritage. I am very excited about this part and cannot wait to try out some of the local cuisine.
I've also read that the city has a strong Roman heritage as it was one of the former capitals, Gaul, during the Roman empire. The ruins of an ancient roman theatre is located somewhere in the centre of the city so I really hope we get the chance to check that out!

But for now, I'm really looking forward to climbing into bed! I believe I have an early start tomorrow with group orientation and stuff, so that's all I have for now folks! 
Thanks for reading!
x


2 comments:

  1. Hey, I just stumbled across your blog, after spending a month studying France in Lyon. I'm loving the posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lyon is so lovely, especially the old city..
      Thanks for reading :)

      Delete